Cleara Biotech is a fast-growing biotech company aiming to develop therapies to treat patients with a wide range of diseases inflicted by the failure to clear out senescent cells, such as cancer. To strengthen our team in Utrecht, the Netherlands, we are looking for a full time
Manager Preclinical Development (m/f/d)
The Manager Preclinical Development’s main responsibilities are:
• Coordination of 3-4 preclinical peptide development projects in cellular senescence
• Development and management of project plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the projects
• Assessment of project issues and development of solutions to meet productivity and quality goals and objectives
• Selection and management of contract research organizations (CROs) which support the pre-clinical development program
• Regular check-ins with CROs, academic collaborators, and CDMOs running ADME and PK + Tox
• Sourcing, management and negotiation of contracts with CROs and CDMOs
• Strategic planning, execution and building the team around the product
• Selection of clinical indications and partnering with patient groups and regulators
The successful applicant for the Manager Preclinical Development position:
• holds a graduate degree in life sciences, PhD level preferred
• has worked 5+ years in translational medicine in an industrial setting, preferable in a biotech
• has 5+ years project management experience in preclinical studies
• has successfully turned fundamental research into lead compounds for the clinic
• preferably has experience with peptide development and oncology studies
• is energetic, highly organized, very hands-on and can work independently
• is free to travel around 30% and can work remotely
• speaks English fluently; German and/or Dutch is a plus.
Cleara Biotech offers the opportunity to shape one of the most interesting and challenging fields of science – the geroscience and biology of ageing. Be part of a passionate team whose aim it is to enable everyone to grow old healthily!
If we have aroused your interest, please submit your application (cover letter, CV, references, salary expectation) to Michelle Hohmann (HR Manager).